King Arthur Pendragon
Ladies get Glory for…
Passive Glory, annual (Pendragon, p 105)
Everything that men get it for, except the Chivalry Bonus
Gentlewoman’s Bonus qualifications: 100 Glory.
First Marriage: 1000 after the wedding (husband does not get equal points). PLUS Glory equal to her husband’s.
Obtaining Heiress Status: same as a man for same title. page *
Attending Tournament: Same as for a man, although without the combat options, of course. However, a tournament is occasion for The Pageant.
Attending weddings, funerals, etc. Same as a man.
- If she has been Steward of lands, AND the land ended up with surplus (“profit”), then Glory = 1 point per £1.
- Industry (making cloth, clothing, etc.): [Success = £1 income, Critical = £2.] Glory = Skill x 5
Special Family Events
Biology confers upon women special opportunities to obtain Glory.
- Child born: 100
- Eldest Son is Knighted: 250
- Any other Son is Knighted: 100
- Any son or daughter takes a Title: 1/10 Glory of that Title
- Upon the first son’s entry into clergy. 300
- Eldest Daughter is married: 250
- Other daughter is married: 50
- In-law Bonus: 1/10 Glory of any child’s spouse, on wedding day, before marriage.
Court of Love
This presumes about 100 women attend, including the audience. Adjust larger or smaller groups appropriately.
- Sponsor (Queen): 100
- Princess Rose: 100
- Judges: 25 each, plus Glory for knowing the correct answer
- Other Participants: 10
- Your issue was discussed: 100
Glory varies, see below.
Typical Winner in a Comptal court:
- Prettiest, 160 Glory
- Most Gorgeous Outfit, 175 Gory
- Wittiest, 150 glory.
- The Lovers Tasks: Each task finished by a lover, and suitably rewarded, gets the lady: 50 points for the first deed, 100 for 2nd, 150 for 3rd, etc.
- Inspiring Knights: ½ the Glory done in her name (i.e.- inspired by Passion)
- Public Favor Displayed: Glory = £spent x10, to a maximum of 100, for a favor public displayed.
Ladies use Glory the same as men. Ladies can also use the Hero Point to:
For this to occur she’s got to be having sex with someone, of course. If so, the point is spent and she gives birth nine months later to a child. Go to Childbirth Table.
This replaces the normal Childbirth roll in the Winter Phase. A lady can’t have a birth both ways, but can spend the Glory Point after making an unsuccessful Childbirth roll.
When a lady knows she is pregnant, she can spend a point of Glory to determine the child’s gender, instead of rolling randomly.